TOLLYWOOD TRIP

Nov 25, 2008

Nagarjuna Akkineni's son Naga Chaitanya's introduction


Meet Naga Chaitanya

The audience at Gachibowli stadium was agog with excitement. The reason being the third generation of the Akkineni family -- Akkineni Nageswara Rao's (ANR) grandson and Nagarjuna Akkineni's son Naga Chaitanya's introduction to the fans and media.

It was Naga Chaitanya's birthday and also the day of the audio release of his dad's, dashing Nagarjuna's latest film King. So the fans had every reason to be happy and pleased with this double bonanza!

Naga Chaitanya's entry into filmdom unofficially took place on September 20 (ANR's) birthday.

His untitled film is being produced by Dil Raju and directed by debutante Vasu Varma. The music for this film is being composed by Sandeep Chowta. But it was on November 23 at this grand gala function that this scion of the Akkineni and Rama Naidu family was formally introduced.


The event took off with audio-visuals of ANR and Nag highlighting important films and glimpses of their film career. The last visual was of Naga Chaitanya walking down.

It was an emotional moment to see the thespian ANR speak about his family members entering films like Nag, Akhil (the second son of Nag who as a two-year old acted in a Telugu film called Sisindri), Sumanth and Sushanth.

"I didn't think Naga Chaitanya would act. When he expressed the desire to act, we sent him to an acting school in Mumbai and later to Hollywood to learn dance and fights. We also made him learn Telugu. Today is his birthday and I feel he would be successful. He has the sound of Naga along with my name like his father. We have faith in him and his talent. We wanted to produce the film under the Annapoorna Studios Banner but Dil Raju (the producer with the Midas touch) came forward to produce his film. We put him in his hands and Raju will take him forward. Happy Birthday Naga Chaitanya," said ANR and called Chaitanya on stage.


Naga Chaitanya happily walked on stage waving to the crowds (cheering and shouting) and said, "I have been waiting for this day for two years. I told my dad two years ago that I wanted to act. He was happy and said okay. This is my aim, my dream, my challenge and my responsibility. I want to make every one -- both my grandfathers, family (including my uncle Venkatesh and friends) feel proud. I will never forget this birthday. I need the support and blessings of friends, media, fans, cinema industry. Never have I experienced so much energy and excitement in life."

It was good to see the bonding of the Akkineni and Rama Naidu (the maternal grandfather) family was on stage.

"The blood of both the families flows in Naga Chaitanya," said ANR and called Rama Naidu on stage. "Today, being a happy occasion, I bless him to be a superstar," said Rama Naidu.


Nagarjuna in a voice choked with emotion said, "I wish my boy all the best. I am giving him to you (pointing to the fans)."

Superstar Venkatesh (the maternal uncle) said, "We should hear a loud sound (loud applause) when we hear the name of Naga Chaitanya. When Nag pulled the chain (in Shiva) years ago, it created a sensation. Naga Chaitanya will repeat the magic. I wish all fans to encourage Chaitanya to do a variety of roles."

Even director K Raghavendra Rao who doesn't normally speak said a few words on this occasion. So did Dil Raju.


The evening's function culminated with the cutting of a cake by the birthday boy. Naga Chaitanya was given a huge rose garland.

It's now Nag's turn to relinquish the title of Yuva Samrat and move on, for the latest Yuva Samrat has arrived. As for Naga Chaitanya, he hopes the ride to filmdom is steady and joyful.

source:rediff.com

0 Comments: