TOLLYWOOD TRIP

Nov 24, 2008

Birthday celebration of Akkineni Naga Chaitanya


Naga Chaitanya's rocking B'day fete

The birthday celebration of Akkineni Naga Chaitanya (Nag's son) and his introduction to the film industry went off to hysterical fan frenzy at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad on Sunday (Nov 23) evening. The introduction preceded the projection of clippings showing the screen legacy of ANR and Nagarjuna.

Akkineni Nageswara Rao spoke at length. "My sincere greetings to the entire gathering, my fans, the audiences and the elite who have graced the occasion. I personally thank Siva Prasad Reddy (producer of King) for making such huge arrangements for King audio function and birthday of Naga Chaitanya. You all know about those who acted in the film, including Srihari. Of course, I don't know much about Trisha and Mamta Mohandas. I have watched the films of Trisha and I like her dance. But, Trisha might not know that it was me who brought the new wave of dances in Telugu, thereby the first one to bring commercial tough to dances in the Indian film industry. Now I am 85. I am ready to dance with her, if she says OK."


ANR further thanked the audiences and fans for giving big patronage to heroes from Akkineni family – Nagarjuna, Sumanth and Sushanth and Akhil (as child artiste in Sisindri film). "Now we are introducing Naga Chaitanya as hero as we were fully convinced that he would make a mark of his own as hero. He learnt the best histrionics and dances from Mumbai and Hollywood circles. I don't want him to be a hero who would speak broken Telugu. He took perfect training in rendering perfect Telugu. I appreciate and bless Dil Raju who is introducing Naga Chaitanya through his production house."

Naga Chaitanya speaking chase Telugu, but also with a decent mix of English, said: "I have been waiting for this day since two years. I told dad two years ago that I wanted to become an actor and he said OK. Now, this is my responsibility. It is my urge to bring good name to my grandfathers – ANR and Ramanaidu – and to dad, Venkatesh uncle. I need the support ofAkkineni fans and audiences and media."

Venkatesh said: "When Nagarjuna pulled cycle chain twenty years ago (1989 in Shiva), the entire Andhra Pradesh was shuddered. Now, the audience would shudder at the very look of the chain with Naga Chaitanya. The audience supported Nag in both mass and class movies. I wish that Naga Chaitanya should get an image of versatility."

Later, the birthday cake was cut in the presence of Naga Chaitanya's family members

0 Comments: